728x90 AdSpace

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Making of - Digital Painting - Imagine


Making of a Digital Painting - Imagine


I created this as a practice piece for improving my character / digital painting skills.

My main goal is about creating an efficient workflow for characters.


I began in Daz Studio for posing. Once I had a pose I was happy with, I then took a screen grab. The next step I created a loose sketch for a guide.


 I then under painted the sketch with values that were taken from a photo reference that I found on Google images. You can see the reference here: Click here



I continued the process of color picking from the photo and painting into the artwork.


and continued


continued some more


getting close!


At the very end, I decided to give her an Apple Airpod to give a little context to what was otherwise a boring portrait!

 I rarely do character portraits, so this was definitely a big step for me. I look forward to creating more and improving the technique as I go!





  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Making of - Digital Painting - Imagine Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Everlite
Scroll to Top